Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Single mother no more!


So…I got engaged this past weekend! And since then, I’ve been trying to decide what to write about. I wish I could share more of the details of my engagement…but I really don’t remember much of what happened! I attribute that to shock. We had talked about it and when we did talk about it, I was under the wrong impression that he was going to wait until later this summer. Surprise! I wasn’t convinced what was actually going on until I saw the ring, despite the fact that he was down on one knee and clearly emotional. All I know is, I am the luckiest girl in the entire world. I couldn’t be happier and hope that everyone has or will find the same happiness that I’ve found. I love you Chris and can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you!

Of course, being newly engaged, I’ve already purchased several bridal magazines and signed up for the Knot. And looking at all things wedding, my mind is reminded of one thing over and over…it’s diet time!

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I try my best to work out on a daily basis and eat well for the most part. But now, it’s game time! I’ve always struggled with my weight my entire life and have tried practically every possible diet and workout fad that has existed. And most don’t work. At least not in the long term.

So, this makes me think, what to do? I’ve had success with the Firm and P90X in the past, I love yoga and walking but lately, I’m stuck. And right now is not the time I want to be stuck! So, I’m starting a new workout regimen – Tracy Anderson’s 30-Day Method – and we will see how that goes.

Regardless of whether I lose another pound or not though, I do know that my future husband loves me for me. And above all else, that’s what matters the most.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Trisha! Let me know how Tracey Anderson goes. I have her mat work DVD and it's a really good workout. She recommends working out 6 days a week for like 90 minutes. I set out thinking I could do anything for 30 days... but I couldn't seem to do the workout as often as she recommends, I think because it's a DVD and it gets repetitive. But I think her metamorphosis DVD might be worth checking out, she has like 90 different workouts in that one, so it's kind of like P90X in a way. Good luck! Hope you have success with your mission! :) and have fun planning your wedding! Laura B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So happy for you. I think you look great! ; )

    Ann Ehlert

    ReplyDelete