Sunday, May 15, 2011

Disney is the most magical place on earth!


I just got back from the most wonderful vacation to Disney World with my family and thought I’d share some of my thoughts on the trip that may help those of you who may plan a trip there in the future!

1. Disney is definitely the most magical place on earth. I don’t care how old or young you are, it’s magical.

2. Fastpasses are one of the best inventions ever. For those of you who haven’t been to Disney in awhile, they now have something that lets you cut in line! You go to a Fastpass kiosk, get a ticket with a time on it and during that time, you get to come back and go to the front of the line. And believe me, this comes in handy for some of the rides, like Toy Story Mania, that attracts huge crowds. Who wants to wait in line with a four year old for an hour? Not me, that’s for sure! Fastpass it!

3. Travel with as many adults as possible, preferably four or five per child. I advise this for anyone that has kids that loves Disney characters. There are lines all over every park where you can meet these characters and get their autographs. My father quickly came up with the plan of having the adults split up into the different lines and then just pass Peyton from adult to adult. It worked brilliantly! We didn’t have to wait forever in those crazy lines and we kept Peyton happy!

4. Bibbity Boppity Boo is a bippity boppity Noo! These little girls that were supposed to come out looking like little princesses looked more like teenage girls trying to sneak into a club with crazy hair extensions, body glitter and far too much makeup. Scary.

5. Some rides are totally worth a long wait in line. Those rides would include: Toy Story Mania, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest and Splash Mountain. Rides not included in that category would be: Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan. The two latter rides always seemed to have 45 minutes waits and for the life of me, I can’t understand why.

6. Apparently the phrase “excuse me,” means something different to different people you will meet while in the Magic Kingdom. I say this because after very politely saying, “excuse me”, I got verbally accosted. Once by a man who told me that I could wait for his wife to fix her hair because I would wait 20 minutes in line for a ride so I should be able to wait for his wife. Uh, ok. Then I said that seemingly innocuous phrase to another woman who then screamed it back at me. Apparently just pushing past people may be the more polite thing to do.

7. Again, Disney is the most magical place on earth! But I have to say, going with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and daughter was really what made it such a magical trip! They made it perfect and gave me memories that I will treasure always.

No comments:

Post a Comment